Download My Lady of Cleves (Shadows of the Crown #8) Free Books Full Version
My Lady of Cleves (Shadows of the Crown #8) Paperback | Pages: 331 pages
Rating: 3.98 | 2870 Users | 136 Reviews

Declare Of Books My Lady of Cleves (Shadows of the Crown #8)

Title:My Lady of Cleves (Shadows of the Crown #8)
Author:Margaret Campbell Barnes
Book Format:Paperback
Book Edition:Anniversary Edition
Pages:Pages: 331 pages
Published:September 1st 2008 by Sourcebooks Landmark (first published 1946)
Categories:Historical. Historical Fiction. Fiction. English History. Tudor Period. European Literature. British Literature

Commentary As Books My Lady of Cleves (Shadows of the Crown #8)

Written by world-reknowned historical novelist Margaret Campbell Barnes, My Lady of Cleves gives readers an intimate portrait of the warm, unpretentious princess who never expected to become Queen of England. Knowing the king's ravenous desire for a son, and aware of the disastrous consequences of not bearing an heir, Anne of Cleves bravely took on the duty of weathering the Tudor King's temper, whims, arrogance, and irresponsible passions--and won the hearts of his subjects in the process.

A treat for readers of Tudor fiction and those fascinated by the complex relationships of Henry VIII and his wives, My Lady of Cleves leads readers into a world of high drama and courtly elegance.

Mention Books Supposing My Lady of Cleves (Shadows of the Crown #8)

Original Title: My Lady of Cleves
ISBN: 1402214316 (ISBN13: 9781402214318)
Edition Language: English
Series: Shadows of the Crown #8
Characters: Catherine Howard, Anne of Cleves, Hans Holbein the Younger, Henry VIII of England, Elizabeth I of England, Mary I of England

Rating Of Books My Lady of Cleves (Shadows of the Crown #8)
Ratings: 3.98 From 2870 Users | 136 Reviews

Assessment Of Books My Lady of Cleves (Shadows of the Crown #8)
This is another historical fiction novel that I have surprisingly enjoyed as it is not my favourite genre to read.This is told from the perspective of the Anne of Cleves which is not one of Henry's wives that I know much about. It was a very enjoyable read and continues to the end of Anne's life (as she was only married to Henry for a short time anyway)A huge irritation to me when reading historical fiction is the language and the way the characters are acting as it is so anachronistic. This

I initially passed this book up at the bookstore, because the first two or three chapters were clunky and slow. My mom ended up buying it later, and after reading it passed it on to me as a "must read." I must say that after finishing the book, I agree.The book was written in 1946, so the writing style is a little archaic (full of adverbs and vocabulary that has been all but dropped by our generation), but the story is compelling and thoughtful. Anne of Cleves is my favorite of the Henry wives,

I initially passed this book up at the bookstore, because the first two or three chapters were clunky and slow. My mom ended up buying it later, and after reading it passed it on to me as a "must read." I must say that after finishing the book, I agree.The book was written in 1946, so the writing style is a little archaic (full of adverbs and vocabulary that has been all but dropped by our generation), but the story is compelling and thoughtful. Anne of Cleves is my favorite of the Henry wives,

Anne of Cleves has always fascinated me. Was she really a fat and uncouth Flander's Mare. Or was she an intelligent & independent woman who set her own path?This book definitely takes the latter viewpoint of the 4th wife. Whether or not this is an accurate historical representation is open to debate, but the character in the book is one that is lovable.The one qualm I had with this book is Henry. The author tries to make him likeable... but, well, I kinda have taken to a great dislike of

Although I imagined Anne de Cleves was someone I would like to read about, looking back now I think I was wrong. She probably was not controversial enough to merit a whole book. She made a good supporting character in other books I read and liked in the past. I ended abandoning Margaret Campbell Barnes's My Lady of Cleves in favor of more interesting reads many times. Just went back for a quick browse and can say that, although fairly well written, it was simply dull.

This is my second Margaret Campbell Barnes novel, i love her style of writing, although written years ago they are not dated, just well written.Poor Anne came to England not knowing anyone or speaking the language, is called a Flanders mare and made a joke of for her dress sense, but in the end she manages become one of the most likeable of all Henry's wives. People gradually see that there is more to this woman than first meets the eye, they realise that Anne would have been the prefect wife

I actually have the different older styled cover on a mass market paperback version of the book which doesn't fit with the rest of the modern cover larger size paperbacks of her other books which I have. So now I've read and liked this, I'm buying this version to fit on my shelves better!Anna lives with her family on their estate, the middle daughter, helping her brother to run things and doing everything she can to help the people of the area, making her very popular. Attention has mainly been